Oil filled heaters are a type of convection heaters. They are really cheap compared to other heaters in the market. They possess numerous benefits which other types of heaters cannot match. That is why this type of heaters are very common right now.
But many of us do not understand how they work and what the benefits of having an oil filled heater are. People often have misconceptions of them.
So, we have put our efforts on this article to ease you with making decisions and to let you know about some of the best oil filled heaters in the market right now.
How Does An Oil Filled Heater Work?
Every day we use our home appliances with indifference, as simple as the way we breathe air. But we never question their technicalities. Most of them work in a magnificent way that we never imagine. But those of us who are mesmerized by the beauty of machines will find an oil filled heater thought to provoke. Many of us have the misperception of how an oil filled heater works. People think that it operates by burning oil, which is totally not true. Oil filled heaters use electricity as a general source of energy. The oil inside is just for reserving the heat.
There is an electrical element that is drowned in the oil inside the heater. When current passes through the heating element, it warms up the oil.
You may be wondering why the heater uses oil, instead of other liquids. The reason is – oil has a higher boiling point compared to other forms of liquids and can contain heat for a longer period of time. So, the oil stays as liquid and does not evaporate thanks to the high boiling point. Also, you do not need to provide high pressure to keep it in liquid form.
The trick is very simple yet wonderful to think about. Oil filled heaters operate by following the simplest rules of physics.
Now that you know how an oil filled heater works, let’s explore some of the best oil filled heaters in the market right now. We handpicked these amazing heaters for your consideration. After going through them, it will be much easier for you to make a decision regarding buying the best oil filled heater.
Benefits of Having an Oil Filled Heater
Having an oil filled heater in your room is probably one of the best things you could do right now. These heaters certainly stand out to be very beneficial for you. Here are some of the benefits that you can enjoy if you buy one –
- Great way to save money: when it comes to saving valuable electricity bills, oil filled heaters top other heaters in competition. Most oil filled heaters are portable in nature. This means that you can move it around from one form to the other. That way, you will not need a central heating system for your entire house, which is very costly.
Oil filled heaters are also very much efficient in terms of energy. In this article, we have discussed at length how oil-filled heaters can efficiently optimize the room temperature. The best oil filled heaters use multiple sensors (a timer, adjustable thermostats) that prevent the heater from running when there is no need for that. In these ways, oil filled heaters can save you a small fortune.
- Silent operation: The most enjoyable distinction between a traditional heater and an oil filled heater is the level of noise produced by the units. Oil filled heaters usually do not have fans to blow the heat into the room. Rather they use thermal channels to distribute heat in the area. The lack of a fan in an oil filled heater is what makes it silent and great. You will not have to suffer the pain of hearing constant noises. That is why oil filled heaters are perfect for family use.
- Portability: All the oil filled heaters discussed in this article are portable. Portability is one of the key features that make them great. Not all rooms are occupied by people always. Then again, every room has its own usage in a house. So, instead of having a central heating system for your entire house, you can buy one of these portable oil filled heaters. They come with casters; that is why moving them from one place to another is very easy. You can just take the heater with you in any room as you wish and enjoy the warm environment.
- Safety features: The safety features that come with an oil filled heater are like no other you will ever find. They use several types of safety features to prevent any kind of damage to your house or to your heater. All oil filled heaters usually have two basic features – thermal cut-off and anti-freeze protection – and both of them are very effective to live a safe life. The thermal cut-off feature automatically shuts off the heating system when it gets overheated. On the other hand, anti-freeze protection prevents the pipes of the heater being frozen at low temperature. So, with an oil filled heater in your house, you will never have to worry for a second in your life.
- No need for refilling: Many people think that oil filled heaters use oil for generating heat. That is completely not true. The oil inside the heater basically works as a container for heat. Oil has a high boiling point. That means that it can contain relatively more heat than other forms of liquid. That is why oil filled heaters are very efficient. And since there is no burning of oil; you do not need to worry about refilling. The oil inside the heater is permanently sealed. So, there is no chance of leakage as well.
And since the oil is not used to generate heat, the heaters do not make any fumes as a byproduct. So, the oil filled heaters non-toxic and environmentally friendly.
- Faster heating: One of the reasons for loving oil filled heaters is their efficiency. Oil filled heaters are made of heavy-duty stainless materials. The exterior of an oil filled heater is usually cool to touch. The metal construction allows the heat to be transferred to the room environment quickly and efficiently.
Top 5 Best Oil Filled Heater in 2019
If you live in a studio apartment or need to heat up a large room, then you should totally go for DeLonghi EW7707CM. This wonderful heater comes with new and amazing features which have won the hearts of many customers.
- SafeHeat Technology
- ComforTemp Button
- Easy-to-use Control panel
- The price of the heater is a bit on the higher side compared to other oil filled heaters in the market. But the difference is a very small amount to pay for something as good as this heater.
DeLonghi is a global brand and is renowned for its electrical home appliances. Another addition to the DeLonghi family is DeLonghi TRD0715T. Like the one previously discussed, it is also an oil-filled heater. This unit is very popular among the users for its easy operation and efficiency.
- Easy-to-use controls
- Efficient Heat
- Programmable Timer
- Vertical thermal tunnels
- Like other DeLonghi heaters, this heater is also a bit expensive. The small fluctuation of the price should not stop you from getting this amazing product. If you like this one, you should not hesitate.
The products of DeLonghi are so wonderful that they have won the hearts of many consumers as well as ours. This is one of the first and finest heaters of DeLonghi and is still loved by people for its excellent performance and durability.
- Silent operation
- Permanently sealed oil reservoir
- Safe to use
- Anti-freeze protection
- ComforTemp Button
- Nothing found yet.
Pelonis is a renowned name in the home appliance industry. They have been in operation for more than thirty years and serving people with high-quality products. PELONIS NY1507-14A Digital Radiator Heater is one of their finest inventions. This great looking heater is fully digital and is regarded as one of the best oil filled heaters in the market right now.
- Noise Free
- Remote control
- Tip-over safety switch
- No PELONIS NY1507-14A gives only one year of warranty. The warranty is limited to the heating elements, circuit board, and motor.thing found yet.
- Efficient Heating
- Easy to move
- Safe to use
- Quiet operation
- This heater is made for a very small area. You should not use it to warm up a large room.
Things to Consider Before Buying an Oil Filled Heater
Buying an oil filled heater is not like grocery shopping. It has a lot of technicalities and you need to keep several things in mind before going to buy the best oil filled heater. Fortunately, we have sorted out some factors for your consideration. Give it a thorough view before taking any decision –
Some heaters also come with a tip-over sensor which automatically shut off the heater if it tips over. You should also keep this feature in mind.
How to Use Oil Filled Heater Efficiently
Oil filled heaters are basically convection heaters. It means that they are made in such a way that they heat up the air of the room, rather than heating up the people or object in the room they operate.
That is why, to use an oil filled heater efficiently, and to keep the energy bills at bay, you need to place the heater in a sealed room so that the air cannot get out. If the doors and windows of the room remain open while running the heater, air will get out of the room and you will not get the desired temperature.
So, to have efficient use of your heater, seal off your room first and then turn on the heater. That way you will get maximum output and can enjoy warmth to the fullest.
Safety Tips for an Oil Filled Heater
As we have discussed earlier, electrical home appliances have a lot of technicalities. That is why they are more susceptible to causing damage than any other things. Luckily, we have come to you with some safety tips that we think will come in hand for you –
- Despite the fact that the radiator of an oil filled heater is more efficient than other heaters, it can still cause damage. So, keep anything away from the heater that is combustible. That includes furniture, clothes, and fabrics, body spray or anything that contains alcohol. Also, put the radiator in a place where children will not be able to reach.
- It is not a very good idea to plug your best oil filled heater into an extension cord. Extension cords are usually dangerous to lay around your house, especially if it is covered with a carpet. Also, extension cords cannot take much load that an oil filled heater requires. Therefore, you should look for a socket to plug the heater in. If that is not convenient, use a premium quality extension cord. Many oil filled heater comes with an extension cord made specifically for that heater.
- No matter what happens, do not ever try to open up an oil reservoir of the heater by yourself. Oil reservoirs are usually permanently sealed. Oil reservoirs do not get damaged easily. But even if something happens to it, you should ask a licensed technician for help.
- Put the heater in a dry place. Never try to put somewhere damp. This may lead to electric shock and you may have to pay the price with your life.
- Although portable oil filled heaters provide timers that can turn the heater on or off, it is best to unplug the heater when not in use. That way, you escape any chance of damage and the electricity can be saved as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the FAQs by people. We have given answers to each one of them to satisfy your curiosities –
Oil Filled VS Ceramic Heaters
In this article, we have only talked about how great oil filled heaters are. But now we are going to enlighten you about what ceramic heaters are.
Ceramic heaters are basically one type of space heaters. Ceramic heaters can warm up the surrounding area in a much faster way than an oil filled heater can. They use several ceramic plates. These plates surround a metal coil which gets heated up once electricity passes through it. The heat is then transferred to the ceramic place which is later transferred to the environment.
The basic difference between an oil filled and a ceramic heater is the amount of time they need to heat up the area. Ceramic heaters do that in a much faster way. But there is a problem in that.
The way the ceramic heater gets heated quickly, it also cools down in the same space. So, once you turn off your heater, you will immediately lose the warmth of the environment.
So, this is pretty much everything from us about the best oil filled heaters. We hope now you have a clear understanding of oil filled heaters and will be able to take better decisions.
With this, we wish you all the best with your search for endless warm and comfy days.
Shuts down automatically while overheated.
Easy-to-use Control panel, ComforTemp Button
$93.99 - $134.95
Built-in thermostat heat controller
1 year limited
1200 sasafe to use, Anti-freeze protection
Adjustable thermostat & multiple heat settings
1 year limited
Tip-over safety switch, built-in safety
Efficient Heating & Multiple settings
Shuts down automatically while overheated
Efficient Heating for medium to large room
We are here to help you. Feel free to call us for assistance.