Taking a bath during winter or just on cold nights can be a nightmare, especially when you are not used to it. This is also true for washing dishes, clothes, and more. This is the main reason why most households in cold areas are packed with water heaters. These water heaters can help circulate warmth into the water supply for warmer showers and cleaning as well as also help warm up the room.
However, choosing which one to buy can be quite confusing, especially with the many product scams and rip-offs that exist. No worries though because this article will help you get acquainted with some top heaters that you can choose from.
In a hurry? Check The Bullet List
If you are looking for the right gas water heater on the market today, here are the top nine best gas water heaters with reviews in 2019 that you can consider:
Top Nine Best Gas Water Heater with Reviews in 2019
One of the top tankless gas water heaters today is the Rinnai RUC98iN from the brand’s Ultra series. The gas heater is recommended for both residential and commercial use. It runs on propane or natural gas and is 26 x 10 inches in dimension.
- High flow rate ratio
- Flexible PVC venting
- Low to no noise
- Energy Saver
- Although the product is highly-efficient, its 61.7-pound weight makes it a bit heavy so installation at high altitude can be quite tricky.
Another gas heater that makes an excellent choice to consider is the Rheem RTGH-95DVLN 9.5 GPM Indoor Heater. The heater is part of the Rheem’s Prestige series that is one of the best gas tankless water heaters today, especially for use in the home, and other small areas.
- High and low flow rate
- Recirculation Kit
- Although the product is good for supplying hot water to showers and taps, it does not work as well with high-efficiency dishwashers and clothes washers
The product, Eccotemp i12 tankless indoor heater, is another one of the best gas water heaters to consider. The product is packed with a revolutionary design that settles well with its 16 x 16 x 11 inches dimension. It also has a ½-inch fitting which is compatible with most standard fixtures.
- LED display
- Automatic temperature controls
- Acrylic glass casing
- Despite its revolutionary design and noteworthy features, the Eccotemp i12-NG only supports a maximum of 3 GPM so it cannot be used to supply hot water to more than 2 faucets or two showers at a time.
The Camplux 5L is another tankless gas water heater that is worthy to be considered, especially if you are fond of traveling to places that require water heating if it is not provided. The product is specifically designed to meet portability demands at its optimum need.
- No venting required
- Low-pressure startup
- Flexible ignition
- t is important to note that though the product is a viable heater, the 1.2 GPM may not be enough, especially for households requiring multiple hot water supply. The flow rate of the hot water is also slower than most.
The L10 is another one of the best gas water heaters from Eccotemp that is worthy of consideration. It is initially marketed as a portable heater but is most recommended for outdoor installation due to its rugged design. It also has 2.5 GPM delivery which allows multiple deliveries at once.
- Battery capable
- Easy set-up:
- 1/2-inch fitting
- Safety shut-off
- With its high GPM ratio, the product is good for multiple hot water demand. However, despite that, the product can heat faster and is recommended to be used at low flow rates.
The GCR-40 ProMax is one of the best 40-gallon gas water heaters out there. The product is one of the more popular heaters from AO Smith and operates solely on natural gas. The 40-gallon capacity is housed inside a 22 x 22 x58.5 inches metal body.
- Corrosion resistance
- Self-powered valve
- Lime and build-up reduction
- Built-in microprocessor
- The products weigh about 165 pounds, so it is quite heavy making it less compatible for wall installation
One of the best 50-gallon gas water heaters out there is the XCG-50 from the ProMax series of AO Smith. The product packs an economical design that supports reliable performance along with the key features added in to ensure good user experience.
- Corrosion resistant inner coating
- Less build-up of sediments and limes
- Self-efficient gas valves
- Internal microprocessor
- The product is tall at 60.8 inches high and weighs around 168 pounds. Although it can be mounted at high altitudes, it can be quite tricky because of the heavy weight and tall body.
If you are looking for a heavy-duty gas heater that can support high demands for hot water, then the RUUD PRO+G75 can be an excellent choice. The heater is one of the best 75-gallon gas heaters out there.
- Heavy-duty performance
- Guardian system
- Flexible venting
- Despite the flexible venting options, the product’s26.25 x 26.25 x 64 inches dimension and around 360 pounds weight makes it one of the bulkier heaters on this list. This may make a bit tricky to install.
Another excellent product from Rheem comes from the brand’s Universal line. The Rheem G100-200 gas heater is one of the best commercial gas water heater for sale today that is designed with performance and convenience in mind.
- Diagnostic system.
- Space saving design
- Stainless steel burners
- Heavy-duty vent hood:
- The product weighs around 780 pounds and is 66 inches high which makes it a bit difficult to install especially in small spaces.
Indeed, water heaters, whether gas, electric or hybrid are essential to have in every home to provide hot water, especially if you live in a cold region or countries with winters.
Therefore, it is essential that you know which one is best to buy for your needs. This means that you take into considerations some crucial factors like cost, quality, type, area to be heated, material, dimensions, venting options, and more. Knowing these things will make it easier for you to choose the best gas water heater, electric water heater, or hybrid water heater for you.
If you plan to make your purchase, consider the items featured above and examine each of their features, pros, and cons carefully to judge which one suits you best. All the mentioned items are top sellers in the heater market today in terms of optimum performance, security and other factors.
COMPARE PACKAGE FEATURES
Payable Every Month
Payable Every Year
0.53 ENERGY EFFICIENCY
One Time Payment
Size 50 gal
One Time Payment
199,000 max BTU
0.94 Energy efficient
2D cell batteries
Corrosion resistant inner coating
One Time Payment
0.96 Energy Factor
LED display controls
HEAVY DUTY LOW NOx PROPANE
Feel free to contact us when you need help picking the best gas water heater for your home.
If you are searching for the best natural gas tankless water heater click here.