Tired of shivering in cold? or Your central heating system is not enough for you?
Well then, you need something far more efficient, like an electric wall heater.
Wall heaters are the new sensation in this modern age. People do not like a heater to be set on the floor anymore. And they are right. Who likes to stumble upon something? No one. And if it is something as hot as a heater, then without question people will start to look for alternatives. Wall heaters are a perfect solution for it.
The reason wall heaters rose to prominence is that they save valuable floor space. Another reason is that people do not always want to use a central heating system. It is costly. Wall heaters are the perfect alternatives for it. They can efficiently warm up any room you need to be warmed up. Therefore, you can save tons of money with one or two of those.
It is a tough job to maintain an optimum temperature for your room while not skyrocketing the utility bills. But with an electric wall heater, you just might be able to do so. So, let’s look at the basics of an electric wall heater first. After that, we have presented some of the best electric wall heaters for you in detail.
How does an electric wall heater work?
Before we dive into the technical details, you need to have some basic understanding of what a wall heater really is and how it works.
So what is a wall heater?
Well, it is a heating machine that can be installed or attached to the wall. Basically, a wall heater is used to heat a small area like a compact apartment or a studio. They are very efficient in terms of heating and installation cost since they do not take up any valuable floor space.
The main difference between a space heater and an electric wall heater is that – a wall heater is simply attached to a wall permanently whereas you have to plug a space heater in.
Another main characteristic of an electric wall heater is that they are hard-wired. There are several installation processes for a wall heater. Almost all wall heaters come with an installation kit, so installing one on your home is not so difficult. After choosing a site for the wall heater, it needs to be connected to a wire. Any licensed electrician can do this for you.
Things to consider before buying the Best Electric Wall Heater
All electronic products are full of technicalities and hard to understand if you have not used one before. And like every other electronics, you need to cautiously check all the technical details of a wall heater before buying one.
So, to save you some trouble, we have compiled some tips for you to consider before buying the best electric wall heater. Let’s have a look at them.
Another great way to reduce usage cost is to use the wall heater as an add-on to the central heating system. Never use a wall heater for heating the entire house. That would increase the energy bills a lot. Use it for a smaller area like your kitchen or bathroom only.
Well, as we have discussed earlier, it’s better not to use a wall heater for heating the entire house. The efficiency of a wall heater largely depends on the total area needed to be covered. There are different types of wall heaters with different power options. If you need to warm up a larger area like your bedroom, then you should consider buying a wall heater that provides 2KW or more.
But if you need to cover a smaller area like your kitchen, or your bathroom, an electric wall heater with 1.5-2 KW is more than enough.
Another important thing that you need to consider is whether your wall mounted electric heater is UL listed or not. UL certification tells you the minimum distance you should keep your heater in from the surface.
Top 4 Best Electric Wall Heaters
So I guess you now have a basic understanding of wall heaters. Now let’s look at some of the best electric wall heaters in the market right now. We have searched through many electric home appliances and found four of the best electric wall heaters. They are amazing in terms of several essential features. Even if you are short on cash, you can easily afford them because all of them are reasonably priced. Below you can find 4 best electric wall heaters with key features:
Broan can be your trusted companion if you want energy-saving warmth and quick comfort. This amazing wall heater is perfect for bathroom, studio or small area if you want to add extra warmth to your room environment. This brand is well known for its superior customer service and also for meeting the demands of homeowners.
- Built-in adjustable thermostat
- 100-Percent efficient heating element
- Downflow louvers
- they provide a warranty for a limited time, only for one year. But apart from that, this is a great heater.
Stiebel Eltron is one of the most famous electronics brands for heating products. This company started its operation in 1924 and ever since then has been serving its customers with quality products. The story is no different with Stiebel Eltron CK 15E 120-Volt 1500-Watts Wall Mounted Electric Fan Heater.
- Built-in thermostat
- Frost protection setting
- Ultra-quiet fan
- Even-heating down-draft design
- The price of this heater is a bit on the higher side.
Another familiar name in the heating industry is Cadet Com-Pak. Those of you who want a combination of great service and reasonable price, you can count on this product. Cadet Com-Pak 1000W, 120V has been applauded by numerous customers for its durability and ability to serve multiple purposes.
- Fast heating coil element
- Efficient and quiet fan
- Unique compact design
- Complete unit
- This heater is most suitable for a medium-sized room or studio apartment, and not so efficient for a big house.
This is king electric’s one of the most exclusive products. This USA based brand has 60 years of experience in serving a large variety of customers with unparalleled quality. And with PAW1215 1500-Watt 120-Volt Pic-A-Watt Wall Heater, the story is no different. This amazing wall heater comes with numerous mind-blowing features.
- Pic-A-Wattage Element
- Fast setup
- Wall-mount thermostat
- Smart Limit Protection
- Squirrel cage blower
- This heater comes with a limited warranty, only for one year. Other than that, it is an outstanding product.
Importance of Having an Electric Wall Heater
If you are considering having a heater for your office or home, you should go for buying an electric wall heater. Why? Well, having an electric wall heater gives a lot of advantages for you. So, let’s look at some of the importance of having an electric wall heater:
- Works Quickly: If operated with proper caution, an electric wall heater can provide many benefits for you. For starters, electric wall heaters normally take less time to operate than other traditional heaters. Almost all electric wall heaters take 20-30 seconds only to heat up the room. Considering this, you can realize just how efficient these heaters are.
- Supplemental Heating: Electric wall heater is an excellent choice for supplemental heating. That means you can use them to warm up a single room, instead of heating up the entire house. This is great in terms of saving energy bills because you do not use every room or space of your house frequently. So, by heating up only the room you are in, you can save a lot of money.
- Temperature Control: Every electric wall heater has a feature that lets you control the up-and-down of the temperature. Without having control over the temperature of the room, you can risk the heater overheating and causing damage to your house.
- Cost & Time Effectiveness: These are the two factors that everybody considers before buying any kind of electric home appliances. As for wall mounted electric heaters, they are less expensive than traditional heaters. Plus, their operating costs are much less than any other heaters in the market right now. Electric wall heaters consume less amount of energy. Therefore, your electricity bill will be under your capacity. Electric wall heaters are also very efficient and effective in terms of time. An electric wall heater takes just a minute or so to operate fully. Your room will be heated in no time with one of the best electric wall heaters.
- No On-Going Maintenance Needed: Unlike many traditional heaters and central heating systems, electric wall heaters do not need much maintenance. Once you set your heater in the wall, you can stay tension free for a long time because you do not need to spend money on annual servicing and other things.
- Wall mounting convenience: One of the best features of this type of heaters is that they can be mounted on the wall. That’s right. You can save valuable floor space with one of these heaters in your apartment or office. People who live in studio apartments or have a small office space find it very useful.
Safety Tips for Electric Wall Heaters
As we have mentioned earlier, every electric home appliance has a lot of technicalities and therefore should be dealt with carefully.
The biggest threat to your home when you are using a heater is fire. Electric Heaters normally use a resistance coil through which electricity passes. If you do not use your heater properly, it can get overheated and cause a fire. Therefore, to keep your home and family safe, you need to follow some guidelines. Here are some safety tips for you and your family for using electric wall heaters:
- Furniture Hazards: The trick to using heater is that it depends on the circulation of the air. If you place furniture or a curtain in front of your electric wall heater, you block the heater from blowing hot air to the room. As a result, your heater stays too long surrounded by hot air. This can cause damage to the heater and to your house by causing a fire. So, make sure no object blocks the free circulation of the hot air. Keep furniture away from the electric wall heater.
- Combustibles: Most of us do not know this, but we frequently use many products which are flammable. These products are prone to igniting and can burn your house to the ground. You can often identify wooden furniture and fabrics as flammable products, but there are thousands of items that you may not consider such as cleaning liquids, lighter, matches, alcohol, body spray, paint thinners, old newspapers and magazines and so on. You should keep these things away from your electric wall heaters.
- Blown Fuses: One small yet dangerous mistake that we all make when using an electric home appliance is that we do not consider whether the existing power source is compatible with the heater or not. You need to make sure that your electrical power is operating properly. Hot electrical sockets and plugs, as well as burned fuses, can cause a lot of damage by permanently destroying the heater.
- Keep children away: Any kind of heaters are dangerous for the children to be in touch with. So place your heater somewhere your children will not be able to get to.
How to Repair and Maintain an Electric Wall Heater
Electric wall mounted heaters are possibly the best way to warm up your house or apartment. However, they can cause some problems from time to time. In order to solve those problems, you need to know what they are and how to solve them.
- When the Electric Heater Fan Doesn’t Work: This can happen for several reasons such as the wiring is not connected to the motor, or the fuse is blown, or the fan is obstructed by something. To solve this problem, check whether the fuse is blown or not. If it is blown, then replace it with a new fuse. For obstruction, remove the heater’s cover and see if there is anything blocking the fan blades.
- When the Electric Heater Fan Works but There’s Still No Heat: This can happen for two possible reasons – either the heating element is defective, or loose or disconnected wiring attached to the heater. To solve this problem, check the wiring connection first. If the wiring connection is okay, then replace the heating element with exact voltage and wattage options.
- When Your Electric Heater Doesn’t Turn off: This problem occurs usually for one reason – your room is not fully insulated. Therefore, heat gets lost from the leaky doors. You can stop this in two ways. Either you can weather-strip the doors and windows to stop air infiltration. Or you can insulate your exterior walls.
- When the Heater Smells Like Something Is Burning: This happens for only one reason; that is the heating element is dirty. Dirty and old heating elements burn prematurely and therefore, are dangerous. First, turn off the power to the electric wall heater. Then, remove the cover of the heater to reach for the heating element. Now carefully clean the dirt, dust, lint or hair from the unit.
Portable VS Wall Mounted Electric Heaters
When you are purchasing a heater for your house or office, you often are faced with choosing one heater over another. That is a real struggle, isn’t it? Most often, customers face the dilemma of whether they should buy a wall mounted heater or a portable one.
One of the features for which people choose portable heater is because they are portable. They are easy to shift from one place to another. If you want to travel, you can always carry a small portable heater with you.
Another important feature that attracts people towards buying a portable heater is that they have no installation cost. You can simply plug the heater in and enjoy the warmth.
And well, wall mounted electric heaters do not have those advantages. But they do have other advantages. Wall mounted heaters are far more efficient in warming up the room environment than any portable heater. So, if you need a heater to mainly warm up your apartment or office, you certainly need one which is efficient, right? That is why wall mounted heaters are far more popular among the households.
Electric wall heaters are a great choice for you if you are looking for a permanent solution. But you should also note that these heaters are made specifically for heating one room or a small area. Do not try to use it to heat up your entire house. Otherwise, your utility bill will go through the roof.
You should also remember that “safety first”. Always follow the instruction manual provided with the heater. If you are not eligible, you should ask for help from a licensed technician.
Last but not the least; you are making a smart choice for you and your family if you are considering to buy an electric wall heater. They are a great choice for those who want to keep their house warm constantly while keeping the utility bill under control.
Design and appearance
Timer and thermostat
Adjustable, front-mounted thermostat to control level
1000W at 120V AC
White grille downflow directly heat gently toward the floor
one-piece design enamel finish adds durability, UL Listed safety
efficient alloy heating in seconds
Even-heating down-draft design
CloudSoft Polyfill and Stardust Minibead
Frost protection setting
Built in thermostat for maximum comfort
unique 7-layer weighted blanket
Unique compact design
powder coating designed and proven safety features
Fast heating coil element
Single Family & upscale condos
Squirrel cage blower
Patented Smart Limit Protection
So enjoy your life with one of the best electric wall heaters! If you need assistance, you can call us and we are willing to help you.