The Water heater is one of the neglected appliances in homes, usually tucked away in some corner of the garage. A water heater in the home is what heats the water you take a shower with, where you get hot water from to do your laundry and to do your dishes. If your water heater is not going to meet the needs of your family, you should look at the tankless water heater that is available. Some of the best new technology available has brought this new system to the world so that you can heat water as you need it without having to wait for it and enjoy its Advantage.
Tankless water heaters function differently from standard water heaters – a water flow sensor controls the water flow into the heater. Later, the burner is automatically ignited and the water flows through the heat exchanger, which in turn instantly heats the water to the required temperature. The process stops automatically when the hot water tap is turned off. The temperature can be adjusted with the turn of a dial. A specialty of tankless water heaters is that they never run out of hot water.
The advantage of a Tankless Water Heater
The prime Advantage of a Tankless Water Heater is the way they heat water only when required, thereby reducing the energy used during standby intervals. Accordingly, one can save up to 20% on the heating bill. Since a tankless water heater does not store hot water, the chance of bacteria growth is lessened. Cost-effectiveness, lower maintenance, and longer equipment life are some other prime advantages of tankless water heaters. One can choose from electric tankless water heaters and Natural gas/propane tankless water heaters. Tankless water heaters are available in a variety of sizes and affordable prices.
Pros: (Advantage of a Tankless Water Heater)
- Saves Energy: This unit operates when there is a demand for hot water, which can reduce its energy cost by about 25% annually. The best performance comes from gas units, as electric units are not Energy Star-rated.
- High efficiency: The most effective stockpiling tank has a vitality variable of around .67, however as per Energy Star, some tankless units have vitality elements as high as 95 percentages.
- Unlimited hot water: Can deliver hot water for hours, not limited by tank capacity.
- Constant temperature: Does not get cooler as hot water runs out of the tank. On the off chance that a unit is measured legitimately, a gas tankless warmer can convey a nonstop supply of water at a preset temperature at a rate of typically 2 to 5 gallons per minute.
- Compact size: Can be mounted on a wall, freeing up floor space.
- Time-saving: They provide water the minute you start them. There is no need to wait for twenty-five minute as in case of the tank water heaters. The need for having quick water heating is there especially in the morning rush hour, every minute counts here so in a way you can have the full half an hour in hand by using it.
- Endless supply of hot water: This is great if you have a large family with plenty of showers taking place. The water will not start getting warm until you turn on the faucet. While it does heat up rapidly, water is often wasted while you wait for it to heat up. However, keep in mind that a tankless water heater can only produce a set amount of hot water at one time.
Cons: (Disadvantages of a tankless water heater)
- Installation is expensive: Besides high product cost, installation and the necessary piping can be pricey. Good venting is also required which can be expensive.
- Retrofit is pricey and complicated: Retrofitting a home with a tankless unit can be a complicated process as compared to a traditional storage tank and may cost as high as $3,000.
- Maintenance is required: Valves may need cleaning or lubrication every year, replacement every few years.
- Needs high gas pressure: The gas pressure in some locations can be too low. This needs to be checked with a manometer.
Benefits of Tankless Water Heater:
# Hot Water When You Need It: Do you get frustrated when you turn on the faucet, crank it all the way to the “hot” side and then have to wait minutes before it warms up? The beauty of tankless water heaters is that they give it to you hot when you need it. There’s no more waiting; as soon as you turn the faucet to hot, it comes out scalding.
This is because instead of waiting for it to heat everything up, it simply runs it through “exchanges,” which are brass and copper waterways. As soon as it gets to your faucet, it’s just as hot as you wanted it to be with no more waiting.
# No More Scalding: Another benefit of tankless hot water heaters is that they’re safe. Because you can set the temperature to exactly what warmth you want, it prevents scalding or burning. The ability to control the temperature exactly offers a great advantage over using a tank system, where you always have to feel it and adjust accordingly.
# Endless Hot Water: Does it always turn cold on you in the shower? Most houses have a limited supply in the tank, and this is why it becomes cold after a period. This is also why sometimes when one person is already using hot, another person can’t.
There is only so much in the tank. Tankless water heaters overcome this problem because they shut off immediately after you’re done using them. They offer an unlimited supply. It also doesn’t matter how many people are using the showers or sinks; there will always be plenty when you need it.
# More Space Efficient: They are also more space efficient. They take up much less space than tank systems, and this is why they’ve been used in Asia and Europe for so long. They’re usually about the size of a briefcase and can save you valuable floor space, which is especially nice if you own an apartment or live in a condominium.
# Tankless Water Heaters save You Money: Finally, the best benefit of tankless water heaters is that they save you money. Because they only heat up when you need it, this means that they’re more energy efficient. You don’t have to waste anything at all. When people make the switch to these systems, they always find that their monthly bills are lower. This is the key to their popularity.
The best thing about a tankless water heater is that it heats up water as you use it. So you do not have to wait while it fills the tank and heats up. Hot waves heat up water as it passes through the pipes. So it doesn’t need to be stored anywhere before heating. What it means for you is that using an electric tankless heater you will never run out of hot water while in the shower. And if several members of your family take a shower one after another, a tankless water heater is a great time saver because you do not have to wait for the tank to refill.
Since tankless water heating is energy efficient, you are not just getting huge savings, but you are also helping the environment. Aside from carbon dioxide emission reduction, it decreases overall dependence on non-renewable resources like the natural gas and greatly reduces the number of un-recyclable storage tanks thrown in landfills. It is very important that you find a professional and qualified plumbing company for your installation. Make sure they hold the necessary license and insurance required by the state. Buy the tankless water heater and enjoy all its advantage.